Thursday, January 1, 2015

Wedgieman and the Big Bunny Trouble by Charise Mericle Harper- NOT RECOMMENDED

Harper, Charise Mericle Wedgieman and the Big Bunny Trouble. EARLY READER. Random House Children’s Books, 2014. $3.99. Content: G.  I don’t know, call me crazy, but a superhero named “Wedgieman” and a robot named “P.O.O.P” didn't really thrill me as a teacher or a mom.  I understand how this might entice a child to read the story, and perhaps get students to convince their friends to read the book, but it was a turn off for me.  I thought the whole story line was weird and lost me.  Trying to get the reader to try eating carrots at the end of the story and then convince the characters to give themselves a wedgie was troubling. I even had my kids try reading it and one commented, “I don’t think I’m even going to finish this, I don’t have the patience.  It’s a horrible book.”  I was shocked to see that there were at least two other Wedgieman books in this series.  Perhaps I wasn't the right person to review this early reader?  EL (K-3).  NOT RECOMMENDED. Reviewer: SL. 

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

AHHH! THATS MY FAVORITE SERIES! SEND IT TO ME PLEASE!!!! ;)