Friday, December 12, 2014

Cupcake Surprise by Lynn Maslen Kertell – NOT RECOMMENDED

Kertell, Lynn Cupcake Surprise EARLY READER Scholastic, 2012. $3.99 Content: G
This level 1 early reader features a very short and sweet story about two children making cupcakes for their dad. When accidents/roadblocks happen they are called surprises and the two children experience plenty of surprises. The illustrations are bright and very simple.
This reminds me of the very simple generic sets of teaching materials that are used in classrooms to regulate exact vocabulary learning for upcoming testing, and its probably great for just that. This book type is not something I would add to my library collection. At least give me interesting illustrations if I am going to be spending library funds on it.
EL(K-3) – NOT RECOMMENDED Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: