Thursday, November 6, 2014

Rookie: Yearbook Three by Tavi Gevinson - NO

Gevinson, Tavi Rookie: Yearbook Three, 344 p. Razorbill (Penguin), 2014.  $30.  Mature Content: R (sexual situations).  

I was taken by surprise to see that this is the third printed book of the third year of a blog run by teenagers.  It is an enormous amount of text space for what is basically a look back at the year of entries, though they have been artfully arranged and not every post is included.  I threw it out on Facebook to see if my daughter or her friends had heard of the blog and they all said No.  I will also admit that I have not read every word on every page.  I see little value for this as a circulating book in a school library, though.  It is more of a book for someone who already likes the blog and wants a hard copy to leaf through.  I’m just going to leave it at that.  

NOT RECOMMENDED for schools.  Cindy, Library Teacher

No comments: