Tuesday, October 21, 2014

365 Days of Wonder by P.J. Palacio - - ADVISABLE


Palacio, P.J. 365 Days of Wonder, 432 pgs. Alfred A. Knopf, 2014. $14.99. Language: G; Violence: G; Mature Content: G. 

In this companion to Wonder, Mr. Browne has made a compilation of his precepts. 1 for each day of the year.  Each month is preceded by an essay introducing the theme for that month, or a follow-up story about the characters from Wonder, like Auggie and Julian.  The “words to live by” are short, attributed and simple.  Some were contributed by children.  

As “page a day” inspirational books go, I enjoyed this one.  As a teacher, I could relate to Mr. Browne, and, having read Wonder I appreciated the “rest of the story”.  I will certainly give this as a gift to my teacher friends as a resource for their classrooms,  but I’m not sure it would get checked out much in the library by students.   

EL, MS - - GIFT ADVISABLE Lisa Librarian

No comments: