Sunday, February 17, 2013

Muncle Trogg: Small Giant. Big Adventure! By Janet Foxley –ADVISABLE

Foxley, Janet and Illustrated by O’Kif Muncle Trogg: Small Giant. Big Adventure! 224 pgs. Chicken House, 2012. $11.69.  

Content: G.

Muncle Trogg is smart, resourceful, and brave but no matter what he accomplishes he just doesn’t quite fit in. You see, Muncle is a giant just like everyone else in many ways, but he is extra short. As in, really really short. This makes his life a challenge. When he discovers a wayward dragon and meets a real human girl, Emily, everything changes.
The plot of this book is pretty goofy but the writing is fantastic. (reminds me of Fablehaven in that way). I found myself totally enjoying this book! I think students will love this story as well. I would have rated it as essential but I think the artwork is going to be unappealing for students –looks slightly dated and corny. Apparently this story is going to be animated movie by Sony, so it might be a great one to add to your collection now!

EL - ADVISABLE Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: