Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Jungle Book by Kipling - EL, MS - ADVISABLE


Kipling, Rudyard    The Jungle Book,  305 pg. Looking Glass Library, 2012 $10.99 Language G (0 swears, 0 “f”):  Mature Content:  PG, Violence: PG  

This is a beautiful edition of the classic tale of Mowgli and his friends Baloo and the clever black panther Bagheera.  It is a hardbound nicely bound edition.  It includes both volumes of the originally published work.  It also adds the popular “Rikki-Tikki-Tavi.”  The illustrations are the original art when it was published in the newspaper.  The introduction is given by Neil Gaiman.  It’s a nice 5 x 71/2 in size.  Easy to read even though it’s a hardcover.  I also enjoyed the poems at the beginning of each chapter.  I compared it to a version I have in my library.  I liked this one much better - more comprehensive, more complete.  This is a delightful version of a classic book.

EL, MS - ADVISABLE.  

No comments: