Monday, December 31, 2012

Fathomless by Jackson Pearce - OPTIONAL


Pearce, Jackson Fathomless, 291 pgs. Little, Brown and Company, 2012. 

Language: PG (10 swears, 0 "f"), Mature Content: PG-13; Violence: PG-13; 

Celia and Lo aren't normal girls. Celia and her sisters have special powers and Lo and her sisters belong to the ocean, not land. One boy will bring them together, but his love also has the power to tear them away from the lives they lead. 

While in my favorite genre, I found this particular story hard to swallow. I'm not completely sure why, because I absolutely love how it turned out. If I had to pin down a couple reasons, they would be the odd combination of mythical creatures and the way they were introduced somewhat randomly. It's hard to explain, but this combination of unique "witches," "werewolves," and "mermaids" isn't my favorite. 

MS, HS - OPTIONAL. Reviewer: CCH

No comments: