Sunday, December 30, 2012

Children’s Book-a-Day Almanac by Anita Silvey - ADVISABLE


Silvey, Anita Children’s Book-a-Day Almanac, 366 p. Roaring Book Press, 2012.  $20.  Content: G.  

Anita Silvey is my new hero.  The next time I am at ALA Annual, I am going to have to hunt her down and kiss her feet.  Or maybe I can just restrain myself to a heartfelt message of admiration.  Maybe.  She has a gorgeous book that not only tells you a few significant happenings, like any almanac does, but she also has written a thoughtful essay about a book or a series – EVERY SINGLE DAY since October 2010.  This particular book is a compilation of all of the essays for 2011.  Yes, I know you could go read it all on the website (http://childrensbookalmanac.com/), but I think I will have to buy the book every single year (hopefully), because I really want to own these essays, not just read them once.  What a GREAT gift for a librarians, children’s teacher, book enthusiast!  

GIFT – ADVISABLE. 

No comments: