Friday, November 9, 2012

I Spy Under the Sea by Edward Gibbs - ESSENTIAL


Gibbs, Edward  I Spy Under the Sea  Templar Books, 2011.  $14.99  PICTURE BOOK  Content: G.  

In this fun “I spy with my little eye” book, readers decipher clues about what the next page may illustrate.  Each set of animals is reveled through small holes on the page that give a visual clue.  For each sea animal that is depicted there are two written clues about what that animal might be and when the reader turns the page there is a number in the right hand corner that tells them how many of that animal there are to find. 

This book has simple text and clean illustrations, but because there are multiple things for young readers to uncover throughout the book it keeps the reader engaged.  This is a great book that I can’t wait to share with my boys who love I Spy type books.   

EL (K-3)-ESSENTIAL.  Reviewer, C. Peterson.

No comments: