Monday, September 3, 2012

Wedgieman A Hero is Born by Charise Mericle Harper –ESSENTIAL


Harper, Charise Mericle and illustrated by Shea, Bob Wedgieman A Hero is Born EARLY READER.  Random House Books for Young Readers, 2012. $3.99.  (Rating: G)

Born as a veggie loving “Veggiebaby”, the hero of the story grows into Veggieboy and finally Veggieman. But a tree rescue turns his once spotless image sour as the children mistake him for “Wedgieman”.

I about died of laughter reading this Early Reader. I think students learning to read will be howling with laughter as well. I usually don't dig on super silly content and art but I was more than happily surprised and made all my friends read it too! I love it when Veggieman argues with the children about the correct spelling of Wedgie. So funny!! Not to mention his X-ray vision! I will be purchasing this book and the next in the series to my library right away.

EL – ESSENTIAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary Librarian & Author.

No comments: