Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fox and Crow are Not Friends by Melissa Wiley –ADVISABLE


Wiley, Melissa and Illustrated by Braun, Sebastioan Fox and Crow are Not Friends 48 pgs. Random House Books for Young Readers, 2012. $3.99.  (Rating: G).
Fox and Crow love to trick each other, and since neither of them can resist cheese –they both have an easy time playing pranks back and forth. But one Mama Bear has had enough and steps in to trick the tricksters.
I think this is loosely based on a Native American legend, at least the first mini story. I wish that it said something about that; I think more early reader books should have multicultural elements. The illustrations are pretty basic, and even a bit dated looking for my taste. Students might like the mischief, but I think there are better purchase options.
ELEMENTARY –OPTIONAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary Librarian & Author.

No comments: