Saturday, March 10, 2012

Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf - ESSENTIAL


Wolf, Jennifer Shaw  Breaking Beautiful  Walker and Company $16.99, 2012. Rated PG-13 for mature content. When Allie and her boyfriend Tripp are involved in an accident leaving Tripp dead, all eyes turn to Allie since she’s the new girl in town and Tripp is the most popular boy at school. Allie’s amnesia about the night of the accident seems rather convenient and a detective from another city is brought in to investigate. 

I’m what you would call a reluctant reader and I couldn’t put this book down. I’ve recommended it all my teacher friends and they too have read it quickly and liked it. I hesitated to recommend it to everyone because it does deal with Tripp beating up Allie on a regular basis.  The text is not graphic and written in a way that leaves the imagination to infer the more graphic violence. With that being said I give the recommendation of 
ESSENTIAL - MS, HS. Shauna, reading teacher.

No comments: