Friday, December 9, 2011

Small Town Sinners by Melissa Walker - OPTIONAL


Walker, Melissa Small Town Sinners, 258 pgs. Bloomsbury, 2011.

Language – PG (11 swears, 0 “f”), Mature Content – PG-13, Violence – PG

HS – OPTIONAL

Lacey is a good girl in a small town. She acts how she always has because that’s what everyone expects, but when Ty shows up, he shows her that she can be herself. All Lacey’s life, she’s known good and bad like black and white, and with help from Ty she now sees and learns to decipher the gray.

I didn’t LOVE this book, but I love that it made me think. The truth is that there is a lot of confusion between good and bad, that’s why kids act up. Lacey got on my nerves in the beginning because she didn’t have an open mind about the gray areas. All in all, I’m glad I read it, but it wasn’t as good as it sounded on the back.

Reviewer: CCH

No comments: