Monday, November 28, 2011

The Flint Heart by Katherine Patterson - ADVISABLE


Paterson, Katherine and John, The Flint Heart, 288 pgs.  Candlewick Press, 2011. $19.99.  Language-G (0 swears, 0 "f"), Sexual Content-G; Violence-G;  This book is a fun book of fairies and mystical creatures with a goal of keeping people pure and good.  The characters are up against an evil flint heart that, when in someone's possession, it gives them tremendous confidence and success with the dramatic side effect of being bad.  The authors take you on a trip through the many hands the flint heart happens upon.  The reading is fast and fun for elementary students.  Plus, the illustrations are gorgeous.  I was entertained the entire book, but mostly because my son of eight-years was enjoying it so much.  I don't think this would have been the case for me personally or if I was in High School.  EL (K-3) and EL (upper elementary) - Advisable.  Reviewer:  BMN

No comments: