Thursday, November 3, 2011

Flecks of Gold by Alicia Buck - ADVISABLE


Buck, Alicia Flecks of Gold, 282 pgs. Bonneville Books, 2010.

Language - G, Mature Content - PG; Violence - PG;

Mary can see gold patterns in the edges of her vision. However, she doesn't realize their purpose until her mom is kidnapped by a strange boy and she tries to follow him. Mary ends up in a new world without cars, electricity, or chocolate! Will she ever save her mom?

I found this book very refreshing. It had a mostly predictable general plot line, but all the details and action among that entranced me. I found myself wishing it wouldn't end, but also felt that if it had been dragged out any longer I would have died from suspense. Flecks of Gold is an exciting new addition to my library.

HS - ADVISABLE. Reviewer: CCH

No comments: