Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Sniffles for Bear by Bonny Becker - ESSENTIAL


Becker, Bonny  The Sniffles for Bear Candlewick Press, 2011 $16.99. PICTURE BOOK.

An odd friendship has formed between Bear and Mouse. When Bear gets sick, Mouse comes to take care of him. When nothing helps and Bear is convinced his days are numbered Mouse helps him create a will. Bear lies down to rest in peace, and begins to snore, and snore, until he wakes up feeling better. He finds Mouse in the same situation and begins to take on the role of caretaker.

This is such a heart warming book of friendship. It made me smile and think of all the great friends I have in my life that take care of me.

ESSENTIAL, PRE-K, EL (K-3), PARENTS. Shauna, Reading teacher.



1 comment:

Peaceful Reader said...

I loved A Visitor for the Bear and now will have to get this one also for my library! Thanks for this good review.