Friday, September 30, 2011

Love, Mouserella by David Ezra Stein- ESSENTIAL

Stein, David Ezra.  Love, Mouserella, 32 pgs. Nancy Paulsen Books, 2011.  $15.99.  

Inside cover: “This is my letter I wrote to Grandmouse because I miss her.  She went back to the country and I’m in the city.  Mama said why don’t I write her a letter, so I did.  I drew pictures too.  I’m about to mail it, but you can read it first.  Just don’t tell Grandmouse it’s coming, ‘cause it’s a surprise.  OK?  Promise? Good! P.S. I took all the photos.  P.P.S. Maybe you could write a letter to someone you love too?”  

We loved this book!  We liked how the book reads top to bottom, like a real letter.  We enjoyed the drawings, the humor, and the tenderness in the relationship between Mouserella and her Grandmouse.  This book could be used in a unit on families, grandparents, letter writing, and feelings or emotions.  

Pre-K.  EL (K-3).  ESSENTIAL.  Reviewer: SL. 

No comments: