Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sphinx's Queen by Esther Friesner


Friesner, Esther Sphinx's Queen, 347 pgs. Random House, 2010. Language - PG (3 swears, 0 "f"), Sexual Content - PG; Violence - PG; Nefertiti isn't a pawn in someone else's plans, she makes her own choices. On the run with Prince Amenophis and Nava, they get obstacles when trying to clear Nefertiti's name, gaining friends and enemies on the way. They knew it was going to be hard, but has Prince Thutmose outsmarted them? I love all of Esther Friesner's books, but this one has to be my favorite. The bravery that Nefertiti has amazes me, the great forgiveness she has inspires me, and her cleverness has me envying her. I am with Nefertiti, Nava and Prince Amenophis every step of the way. There wasn't anyway anyone was dragging me away from this story. MS, HS - ADVISABLE. Reviewer: CCH

No comments: