Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Crave by Laura J. Burns


Burns, Laura J. and Melinda Metz Crave, pgs. 278. Simon & Schuster, 2010. $9.99. Language- PG-13(35 swears, 1 ''F'' word) Mature Content- PG-13; Shay has an incurable blood disorder that nobody has seen before. She can't hang out with friends, go to parties, fall in love, or even make it through a week of school. Now her doctor-turned-stepfather is trying something new. He has a brand new treatment that he thinks will change Shay's life. With this new treatment she finally feels... Alive. Along with the new blood pumping through her veins, she gets to experience Gabriel. She sees what she thinks is part of his life, but she can't explain it. Who is Gabriel? Is she really what she thinks? And why does she have this connection to him?  I really enjoyed reading this book. This book is very well written, and I want more! The end is a cliffhanger and had me at the edge of my seat. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the books. I would highly recommend this book. This book is rated PG-13 for some sexual content. MS-HS ADVISABLE Student Reviewer: CG

No comments: