Monday, November 1, 2010

The Candidates by Inara Scott


Scott, Inara Delacroix Academy: The Candidates, 288 p. Disney, 2010.  416.99.  Language: PG (11 swears).  Dancia tries to be as mediocre as possible.  She doesn’t want to attract anyone’s attention – not at school, not anywhere.  Someone has found out her secret and now she has been invited to come to the exclusive Delacroix Academy on a full ride scholarship.  Everyone in Delacroix has a special talent, but no one seems to have a supernatural talent like Dancia’s, except for maybe Jack – who also seems to have a talent for getting into trouble.  Delacroix is hiding a deeper secret than Dancia knows.  I admit it – I avoided this book for a long time because I thought it was another stuck-up prep school book.  Boy was I wrong!  Instead I got a refreshing piece of supernatural fiction with a heroine who I can look up to.  I am eagerly looking forward to #2.  MS, HS – ADVISABLE. Cindy, Library Teacher.

No comments: