Thursday, September 30, 2010

Numbers by Rachel Ward

Ward, Rachel Numbers, 325 pgs. Chicken House, 2010. Language - F (121 swears, 27 "f"), Sexual Content - PG-13; Violence - PG;  Jem can see your number. Your number is your expiration date, and all she needs is to look into your eyes.  Jem lets the numbers control her life. She doesn't care about anyone because she doesn't want to lose them. But of course, that means that someone has to come into her life that she loves; his name is Spider. Spider is going to die in a few weeks and she wants to know: is it all her fault? I absolutely adore this book. I love both Jem and Spider, I love how the story unfolds, and I love how it all turned out. The only reason I would advise against this book is the unnecessary swearing. HS - OPTIONAL. Student Reviewer: CCH

No comments: