Monday, February 15, 2010

The Chestnut King by N.D. Wilson - ESSENTIAL



Wilson, N.D. The Chestnut King, 482 p. Random House, 2010. $17.99. 

The evil, immortal witch Nimiane is determined to do whatever she must to kill Henry York Macabee’s father , suck the life out of his entire family and control the entire world. Only 12 tears old, Henry and his friends and his cousins must challenge the world in order to find a way to kill an immortal. 

I must admit, I wasn’t too interested in 100 Cupboards, but Dandelion Fire and The Chestnut King totally made up for my earlier lack of enthusiasm. The action is non-stop, the plotting makes sense and there are some very wonderful twists and turns along the way. I snuck time from work just so that I could finish! 

EL, MS- ESSENTIAL

Cindy, Library Teacher

No comments: