Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Miles Between by Mary E. Pearson - ADVISABLE



Pearson, Mary E. The Miles Between, 264 p. Henry Holt, 2009. $16.99. 

Language: PG (4 swears)

Destiny has been attending boarding schools since she was 7 years old – going from school to school to school, as she tries never to become too close to anyone. On one special morning, however, she decides that it is time for one fair day, so she steals a beautiful pink car she finds with the keys in the ignition, drags along three random kids from her school and sets off on a day long adventure – a field trip, you might say. Destiny’s journey has a very unexpected destination. 
I actually read this book twice. I know! How often do I take the time to do that. But I really enjoyed Destiny and her new friends and was totally blind as to her real destination. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

MS, HS – ADVISABLE. Cindy, Library-Teacher

No comments: