Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Dear Author: Letters of Hope - ADVISABLE

Kaywell, Joan F., editor Dear Author: Letters of Hope, 222 pages

 Language: G; Sexual Content: PG (a girl wrote to the author of Speak who had a similar experience as the character in that book); Violence: G

MS, HS, ADVISABLE

This book is a collection of letters that everyday teenagers have sent into various authors and the authors' responses to these letters. I really liked reading this book because I could relate to a lot of the letters in there. Reading the responses and the encouragement the authors gave was in a way helpful to me. I liked reading about the real world from the eyes of teenagers through their letters and it helps you see that you aren't alone, no matter what your situation.          

Student Reviewer: JH
Kaywell, Joan F., editor Dear Author: Letters of Hope, 222 p. - Language: G; Sexual Content: PG (a girl wrote to the author of Speak who had a similar experience as the character in that book); Violence: G - This book is a collection of letters that everyday teenagers have sent in to various authors and the authors' responses to these letters. I really liked reading this book because I could relate to a lot of the letters in there. Reading the responses and the encouragement the authors gave was in a way helpful to me. I liked reading about the real world from the eyes of teenagers through their letters and it helps you see that you aren't alone, no matter what your situation. MS, HS, ADVISABLE. Student Reviewer: JHKaywell,          Joan F., editor <i>Dear Author: Letters of Hope</i></b>, 222          p. - Language: G; Sexual Content: PG (a girl wrote to the          author of Speak who had a similar experience as the          character in that book); Violence: G - This book is a          collection of letters that everyday teenagers have sent in          to various authors and the authors' responses to these          letters. I really liked reading this book because I could          relate to a lot of the letters in there. Reading the          responses and the encouragement the authors gave was in a          way helpful to me. I liked reading about the real world from          the eyes of teenagers through their letters and it helps you          see that you aren't alone, no matter what your situation.          MS, HS, ADVISABLE. Student Reviewer: JH<

No comments: